Our grant program provides the way for you to help Thetas receive the training necessary to make a real difference in the world.
In 1994, the Indianapolis Alumnae Chapter wished to support Theta women through Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation with a significant gift that could be extended or spread out over the years. And so our Named Grant Program was born. Today, Theta Foundation proudly manages 13 named grants. Funds from these grants can be used for one of two purposes:
- Training or development programs geared toward personal advancement and leadership skills
- Non-degree educational programs used to further knowledge and skills for a particular purpose
While $40,000 is awarded annually through the Named Grant Program, many deserving Thetas are not able to benefit from the support of a grant. With your help, we can grow the Named Grant Program to provide educational and leadership opportunities to all of our sisters.
What difference have you made in your world since becoming a Theta? What legacy will you leave behind?
About establishing a grant:
- A named grant can be established by an individual donor, family, chapter, or group.
- A named grant can be established with a gift of $25,000, payable over a five-year period.
- You can choose to keep your grant open to all Theta applicants, or designate your grant for specific chapters, training or programming on certain topics, and collegians or alumnae.
- Grant assets are professionally invested and managed under the supervision of the Theta Foundation Board of Trustees.
For more information please contact Gaylena Merritt, Director of Programs, at email@example.com or 1.800.KAO.1870, ext. 148.