Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation, headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, serves as a base for eight Foundation employees working on a range of Foundation programs and in communications, fundraising, and operations. These professionals work with the Board of Trustees to execute the vision and mission of Theta Foundation.
Theta Foundation Teams:
Kristen Magnes Kaiser, CFRE, Alpha/DePauw
1.800.526.1870 ext. 147
- Serves as Chief Executive Officer of Theta Foundation.
- Provides leadership for the effective and efficient operation of Theta Foundation according to the stated mission, goals, and policies established by the Board of Trustees.
- Is responsible for the success and efficiency of development, programs, communications, and operations of the Foundation.
- Serves as primary spokesperson for the Foundation, communicating the mission of Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation.
1.800.526.1870 ext. 109
- Serves as Chief Financial Officer.
- Directs and oversees Theta Foundation’s strategic financial, investment, and administrative operations.
- Facilitates and supervises employee benefit programs, contracts, audits, and items that lead to the success and efficiency of Theta Foundation operations.
Cindy Shaffer Thoennes, Alpha Chi/Purdue
1.800.526.1870 ext. 119
- Supports organization operations by managing and maintaining office systems and gift entry, processing, and acknowledgement.
- Prepares reports, provides customer service and other tasks to support the operations of Theta Foundation.
- Assists with the Theta Foundation stewardship program.
- Serves as executive assistant to the Executive Director.
1.800.526.1870 ext. 110
- Records, acknowledges, and legally receipts donations to Theta Foundation.
- Assists with recording development activity and donor research.
- Assists with the preparation of mailing lists and reports.
- Helps donors with questions regarding gifts and established funds.
Gaylena Merritt, Alpha/DePauw
1.800.526.1870 ext. 148
- Directs all aspects of Theta Foundation’s scholarship and grant programs, including application processes and recipient notification.
- Works closely with Foundation leadership, staff, volunteers, and professional partners to administer and manage Foundation programs.
- Works in partnership with development and finance staff members to oversee endowed funds and maintain relationships with fund contacts.
Mary Kate Kronzer, Gamma/Butler
1.800.526.1870 ext. 113
- Supports all aspects of Theta Foundation’s scholarship and grant programs, including application, evaluation, and selection processes.
- Maintains membership and application databases.
- Prepares and coordinates communications related to Foundation programs.
Madisen Ray Petrosky, Sigma Kappa Sorority
1.800.526.1870 ext. 108
- Responsible for executing the marketing projects and campaigns associated with individual and chapter annual giving programs, Theta Foundation’s strategic brand identity, and stewardship activities.
- Responsible for executing print publications and online presences in social media and websites.
Jami Harrison Slaton, Alpha Sigma/Washington State
1.800.526.1870 ext. 126
- Responsible for planning and executing a comprehensive and strategic Annual Giving program across multiple constituencies in coordination with the marketing and development teams.
- Serves as primary contact for college and alumnae chapter giving opportunities, including Theta Foundation’s $1 million commitment to support National Court Appointed Special Advocate Association (National CASA) and chapters’ philanthropy donations.