Theta Foundation Teams:
Gaylena Merritt, Alpha/DePauw
1.800.526.1870 ext. 148
- Serves as interim executive director of Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation, managing the day-to-day operational tasks of the organization.
- Directs all aspects of Theta Foundation’s scholarship and grant programs, including application processes and recipient notification.
- Works closely with Foundation leadership, staff, volunteers, and professional partners to administer and manage Foundation programs.
- Works in partnership with development and finance staff members to oversee endowed funds and maintain relationships with fund contacts.
Mary Kate Kronzer, Gamma/Butler
1.800.526.1870 ext. 113
- Manages Theta Foundation’s scholarship and grant programs, including application, evaluation, and selection processes.
- Maintains membership and application databases.
- Prepares and coordinates communications related to Foundation programs.
Madisen Ray Petrosky, Sigma Kappa Sorority
1.800.526.1870 ext. 108
- Responsible for executing the marketing projects and campaigns associated with individual and chapter annual giving programs, Theta Foundation’s strategic brand identity, and stewardship activities.
- Responsible for executing print publications and online presences in social media and websites.
Jami Harrison Slaton, Alpha Sigma/Washington State
1.800.526.1870 ext. 126
- Responsible for planning and executing a comprehensive and strategic Annual Giving program across multiple constituencies in coordination with the marketing and development teams.
- Serves as primary contact for college and alumnae chapter giving opportunities, including Theta Foundation’s $1 million commitment to support National Court Appointed Special Advocate Association (National CASA) and chapters’ philanthropy donations.
Cindy Shaffer Thoennes, Alpha Chi/Purdue
1.800.526.1870 ext. 119
- Manages Theta Foundation’s stewardship program and serves as a point of contact for donors.
- Supports organization operations by managing and maintaining office systems and gift processing.
- Prepares reports, provides customer service, and performs other tasks to support the operations of Theta Foundation.
1.800.526.1870 ext. 109
- Serves as Chief Financial Officer.
- Directs and oversees Theta Foundation’s strategic financial, investment, and administrative operations.
- Facilitates and supervises employee benefit programs, contracts, audits, and items that lead to the success and efficiency of Theta Foundation operations.
1.800.526.1870 ext. 110
- Records, acknowledges, and legally receipts donations to Theta Foundation.
- Assists with recording development activity and donor research.
- Assists with the preparation of mailing lists and reports.
- Helps donors with questions regarding gifts and established funds.
Annie Hornung, Eta Sigma/Chapman
1.800.526.1870 ext. 117
- Works closely with the Board President and Board of Trustees, serving as the external and internal liaison to the Board of Trustees, Fraternity, Fraternity Housing Corporation, chapter leaders, and outside organizations.
- Manages logistics of in-person Board meetings, monthly conference calls, special events, and retreats.
- Supports Foundation team on special projects and in strategic planning activities, daily tasks, scheduling, meetings, and other duties.