While many years have gone by since the founding of Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation in 1960, one thing remains the same: our promise to attain highest scholarship, to create the widest influence for good, and to commit to love. Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation is here to continue the fulfillment of those promises for collegians and alumnae across the globe. For more than 50 years, our vision has been to give every Theta every opportunity to make a difference, and we can’t do what we do without you.
Our mission is to secure and manage resources for the educational, leadership, and philanthropic programs of the Fraternity and for the scholastic, professional, and service pursuits of its members to help them reach their fullest potential and make a difference in the world.
Foundation or Fraternity?
So, what exactly is the difference between Theta Foundation and Kappa Alpha Theta Fraternity?
Our ideals are the same. Our focus is distinct.
Together, Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation and the Fraternity are passionate about growth, leadership, and the pursuit of highest scholarship. While enjoying the ability to spread our good will and love to our members, we each pursue our own distinct purposes.
We execute Theta Foundation’s mission by:
- Managing the scholarship and chapter and individual grant programs
- Conducting fundraising campaigns
- Publishing an annual report to share our successes and needs
- Furthering the public awareness of Theta Foundation
These efforts are separate from the Fraternity, whose work includes college and alumnae chapter operations, public relations, and recruitment.
Other ways we are different:
- While the Fraternity is governed by an elected Grand Council, Theta Foundation is governed by a separate, elected Board of Trustees.
- Donations and gifts made to Theta Foundation are tax deductible. Gifts to the Fraternity, like any social and recreational organization, are not. Theta Foundation exists for charitable and educational purposes and thus, we hold a charitable 501(c)(3) tax status.
We value the promise that members of Kappa Alpha Theta Fraternity make to cherish and uphold the ideals of our sisterhood, and involvement with Theta Foundation can be one of the most influential ways for Thetas to fulfill that promise.
Your donations and support help us provide programs and opportunities for all undergraduate and alumnae Thetas. Through Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation, you are positively impacting your future, the future of your Theta sisters and friends, and the future of our world.